Executive Assistant to CEO
J. Walter Thompson London – Job Located in London, England
ABOUT THE ROLE
EA/PA TO CEO J. WALTER THOMPSON
We are looking for an Executive Assistant / PA to be the closest support to the CEO of a leading UK brand communications agency.
You will be an enthusiastic, energetic and committed professional as well as an intelligent and pro-active individual with excellent organisational skills to support our CEO’s fast-paced and often spontaneous work schedule.
You will need to anticipate our CEO’s needs and other senior managers connected to him across the agency; demonstrate flexibility and a self-starting aptitude for taking on adhoc tasks; and being a primary point of contact both internally and externally.
With a tight and transparent relationship working with the CEO and all aspects of his business life, honesty, integrity, trust and discretion are essential and valued.
- Acting as first point of contact and on behalf of the CEO, fielding and responding to queries, dealing with day-to-day requests.
- Anticipating the CEO's needs - constantly forward planning and prepping logistics, information, material and people in advance of schedule.
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the CEO's diary, ensuring that he is where he should be and on time and always looking ahead to make sure he is prepped with the correct information and material in advance of any meetings.
- Attend and minute weekly Leadership Meetings and bi-weekly Business Directors Meetings.
- Be on hand to assist in person throughout the day, as and when.
- Flagging, managing and assisting with the writing of and assembly of regular monthly reports, integrating inputs from multiple sources.
- ▪ Where appropriate, managing emails and flagging any that need urgent attention.
- Assisting with administrative requirements. Preparation of correspondence, ensuring that meeting rooms are booked for forthcoming meetings, video-conferences, as well as necessary catering requirements.
- Organising complex travel arrangements (including visas where appropriate) and preparing detailed itineraries.
- Dealing with expense and timesheets in a timely fashion.
- Building effective relationships with internal and external parties.
- Liaising with other offices and WPP group companies.
- Having a sound understanding of the business strategy, practices and priorities.
- General support enabling the CEO to focus time and energy on the job.
- Previous EA/PA with similar experience
- Advanced technical Office skills (including Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and AppleMac).
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Willing to go the extra mile, to prioritize the job and to support the CEO at short notice, as required.
- Autonomous, independent work style that supports and contributes to team-based goals.
- Initiative and resourcefulness - proactive self-starter.
- Persistence, drive and ability to work proactively.
- Solutions focused – diary clashes, complex travel arrangements, etc.
- Completer finisher’- follow-up & follow through.
- Confidence, sensitivity and diplomacy to communicate with a range of senior staff/clients.
- Client service ethic.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility to accommodate different situations and temperaments.
- Well-established organisation, multi-tasking and prioritisation skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strives to achieve excellence in everything that they do.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Works effectively through job and organisational changes.
- Deals constructively with frustration and stress, maintaining a professional and positive manner.
- Is direct and honest in dealing with others.
- Treats all people with respect and fairness.